The blog is evolving!

Stay tuned for new features including journey maps, some missing posts, linked photo albums, minor tweaks and ultimately... the earlier trips...

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 18 - FR

Cookie says...
CHAMONIX! I've always want to come here (or at least since I've had an interest in the snow) and now I get a chance to hit its slopes. We headed early to meet the instructor but due to an issue at their end, it was another 90mins before one turned up. I watched them settled in and shot through.


The Planpraz gondola is just up the road from our unit and it's where I started. There's a bunch of lifts that hang off that face so I hung out there for a few hours. It was fun and I hit some runs at speed but it was pretty clear that it's been a while since I've boarded and I'm not the same shape (round vs not as round) as I was last time. As for the board, it isn't that great and for the moment I'll describe it as being adequate.

The girls had headed back to base, looking for lunch and had booked more lessons. I met them for food, we changed super market chains and it was a lot better. We headed home, hung out reading, nerding and showering. Bron's making pasta for us tonight and I'm sure the cards shall make another appearance.

Julie says...
"Hello calf muscles, welcome to Charmonix. Here you will find amazing scenery, massive mountains and a beautiful town. However calf muscles, prepare yourselves for a world of hurt... the next 4 days of sking will be interesting...


Sarah says...
So our first sking lesson under the guidance of Georges-Alan went quite well. I can now go over small bumps without looking like a complete spaz! I think the man is a genius!!!

I also completely love this town. It is so beautiful!


Pilty says...
Snow...that's really all I care about. While Cookie got a choice of boarding in 3 countries, my choice was limited to just a couple of green (easy) slopes. I had no problem going down straight, it was just trying to do the turns that I struggled with

Made the best garlic bread for dinner - lots of garlic with a little bit of bread

Bronwen says...
We have a sauntering French ski instructor...he has worked some magic on us on the baby slopes today. We are turning, stopping, going over bumps and generally looking like we are skiing not have muscles spasms on skis. Exhaustion and pain after a day on slopes is taking over...

No comments:

Post a Comment