The blog is evolving!

Stay tuned for new features including journey maps, some missing posts, linked photo albums, minor tweaks and ultimately... the earlier trips...

Monday, August 27, 2007

Day 8 - NZ

Mikey says...
Ahh, last full day today. Really enjoyed my sleep in. No, I really enjoyed it. No I don't think you're getting it, I really enjoyed my sleep in.

Last night I was watching... I dunno, ohh that's it - Munich. But as I've seen it before, not really any reason to loose sleep over. Bet you're all glad you know that eh?

Did the tourist thing today and we went shopping. Cookie is, how would I say... the most analytical souviner shopper i have ever shopped with. I mean, how hard is it to choose a tea towel, shirt or whatever??? Oh well at least he knows he's anal.

Got some things for my nieces and nephews and a t-shirt for myself.

Had lamb for dinner tonight. Was suprisingly good and I got a lot more than I thought I was going to after they brought out Cookies entree bread. Imagine one of those oven ready dinner rolls... now halve it... seriously is it impossible not to rip people off in everyway? AND it cost $2! Nearly laughed out loud though when the couple next to us ordered it and the waitress described it as a 'long' piece of bread.

Off to pack now so we're all ready to fly out tomorrow morning.

Oh and that babe I met yesterdayl dumped me. Said I didn't make her feel like a woman. I told her a team of beauty therapists couldn't make her feel or look like a woman. Luckily I had an ice pack on me to stick over my rapidly swelling eye.

Lessons Learnt
  • Don't go souviner shopping with Cookie

  • In fact i think don't go shopping with Cookie period

  • Watch out for butch womans right hook
Mikey out


Cookie says...
Day off the slopes today. Would have been nice to get to Treble Cone this year but it can wait. It was a nice change to sleep in and then lie in bed watching more Top Gear. I think I've watched about a season on this trip.

Did a bit of gift shopping. It was fun looking at all the crap that's available for people to buy. Seriously... most of the stuff is the same between shops. Not sure why but Mikey seemed to be getting a little irritated.

Strangely enough, there's three Global Culture stores in QT and I reckon we bought something from all of them. Also bought some more gear in anticipation of the Canada trip in Jan - Feb aye... I really don't want to look at my Visa statement when I get home. Think I might need to do some serious overtime to cover these costs.

Lazed around the unit again... and it really is a unit: one unit of bedroom and one unit of bathroom. Ducked into town again for some more shopping then popped in for some meat. Mikey grabbed some lamb just to prove he was part Kiwi and I tried some Wagyu. Never had it before so didn't know what to expect but it was alright. Couldn't believe the cute size of bread they brought out. Hahaha... talk about puny!

Anyway, gotta pack tonight and bail tomorrow morning.

Lessons Learnt
  • Sleep is good after 6 days of boarding, should be interesting to see how I handle Canada and then maybe France or Switzerland

  • QT is too serious, not many funny souviners this year

  • Mikey is great to go shopping with, he's full of suggestions

No comments:

Post a Comment