The blog is evolving!

Stay tuned for new features including journey maps, some missing posts, linked photo albums, minor tweaks and ultimately... the earlier trips...

Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 3 - Rye

Harrison says...
After playtime and breakfast, we had to spend time in jail while we travelled to Phillip Island. Luckily I could sleep the way there. After Auntie Mim's compulsory tourist information stop (to preach from her tourism bible) we found ourselves puzzled at an amazing place.


Daddy conquered the maze but I was banished to the sideline as mummy didn't appreciate my Pilt like approach to navigating the maze i.e. under the walls. So I conquered the wooden puzzles instead.


Then I saw a chocolate factory where I was flash mobbed by a tour group and harassed by paparazzi - I tell thee, these cute toddler looks are a curse.


Next stop was an Auntie Mim detour. I learnt a new word; und-er-whel-ming. I know understand what mum means when she mutters tessellated pavement. The Nobbies Centre followed. I was bailed up in the car with mummy buy a goose while the others went for a walk. Daddy said the blowhole sucked - I think he's confused on how they work.

After a poor tourist dinner, we welcomed some penguins back home. I waved hello to lots of penguins until I could wave no more. I had been on my best behaviour but they still put me back in jail to go home so I let them know it.

James says...
Mummy and daddy chauffeured me to Phillip Island. It was a long drive so I spent it studying the back of my eye-lids.

Harry and I kept being head-butted by our twins in the mirror maze - how many James and Harry's are there in this world? At the chocolate factory mummy and daddy out muscled some tourists on some games where you could get some free chocolate balls. We did a chocolate quiz where mummy won and daddy was the first to come last.

We walked on the beach to find some rock caves. When we got back to the car, mummy had left her phone on the roof. She's so forgetful at times - I think it's baby brain.




When the penguins arrived, I waved good-bye to them. On the way home we discovered that the navigation device used coding written by Mim and we were upgraded from toll dodgers to pavement dodgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment